Athlete Code of Conduct
I will demonstrate good sporting conduct, minimally defined as:
- Showing respect for teammates, captains, coxswains, coaches, officials, volunteers, other teams, and spectators.
- Treating all equipment, boats, oars, ergs and other property of both AB Crew and its participants with care and refraining from any activity that may do damage to any of them.
- Making efforts to improve my understanding of the sport and my individual performance on the team.
- Accepting and carrying out the instructions of the coaching staff promptly when asked.
- Adherence to the AB Crew Safe Sport Policy.
Additionally, I understand that:
- I must be present in school to participate in any practice or activity that is scheduled for that day.
- If I am unable to attend practice, I will notify my Coach in writing no later than 9:00pm the night before, except for medical emergencies.
- My Coach has the expertise to determine racing opportunities and line-ups based on their observations of my ability, attendance, attitude, effort and/or adherence to this Code of Conduct.
- The coaching staff can administer seat races to determine the best possible combination for race line-ups, and that previous boat line-ups do not guarantee future boat line-ups.
- From time-to-time coaches will use professionally accepted coaching methods of skill enhancement, physical conditioning, team building, discipline or improving athletic performance.
- Attendance at all practices and races is critical. Before the season begins, take a careful look at the schedule. If there is more than one event on the schedule you cannot attend, you should reconsider your sign-up choice.
- I understand that I will be cut from the team for persistent violations of this Pledge, as determined by my Coach in consultation with the Head Coach, and that I will not be entitled to any refund of the fee if the cut is made any time after the second full week of practice or the final drop day, whichever comes last.